Deighton Gates’ P.E Vision and Mission:
Our P.E vision for across the school is to be ACTIVE:
Energetic... and fun for all!
Achieve – We ensure progression for all pupils and have high expectations across the key skills, and children take ownership of their own learning.
Confident – We support children to learn to take risks without being afraid to fail.
Team Players – We will encourage pupils to work collaboratively to meet goals and overcome challenges.
Inspired – We inspire our pupils through fun, purposeful and engaging lessons.
Valued – We develop each child’s feeling of self worth and help them to support and encourage each other.
Energetic – We will encourage children to be active and to understand the need for a fit and healthy lifestyle.
PE Premium 2016-17
From September 2013, Deighton Gates has been in receipt of an annual grant dedicated to PE and Sport in school. This is funded jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport
In order to achieve sustainability of high quality provision, the majority of the grant is being invested in staff development. Over the first three years the grant has been used in the following ways to enhance the provision and achievement in Sport and PE
- High Quality Teacher Training and cover to help teachers develop their expertise in a range of discipline
- Specialist Sports Coaches to further support teachers and inspire
- Reception teacher training in Early Years Physical Development
- Replacing PE equipment to provide high quality resources to support high quality learning experiences
- New mats for gymnastics
- Basket ball workshop
- New Sports Team kit to promote team work and an ethos of excellence through sport
- Contribution towards climbing apparatus in Reception to develop gross motor skills
- Resources for Dance
- Subsidised afterschool clubs to widen participation
- Active Schools in Leeds to develop city wide experiences
- Establishing partnerships with local clubs
- Funding for PE leader training and cluster meetings
- Organisation of inter school competitions
- Developing leadership skills for pupils with sports leader roles
- Supplementary swimming sessions for Upper Key Stage 2 children who have yet to achieve the 25m minimum
- Athletics equipment
- Permanent goal posts for inter and intra school competitions
- Transport to Sports Hubs for sport enrichment activities
As a result of ongoing financial investment and dedication by staff we were delighted to have been awarded first in 2015 the Silver Award by Sainsbury’s School Sports which recognises excellence in PE and Sport, Gold in 2016 and Gold again in 2017.
Planned spend for next year includes:
- Quality storage facilities to extend the life of equipment and allow easy access
- New football strip
- Staffing for a Bikability course
- Further funding of Professional Coaches
- Further funding of CPD for all staff
- Appointment of staff to provide extra-curricular clubs
- Funding for support for SEN children at extra-curricular clubs
- Intensive swimming lessons for Y5
- Team building day for the Sports Team
- Development of outside area to promote physical development in
Reception and Year 1
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.